Skiing & ski rental in Carinthia
Ski rental in Carinthia
Your INTERSPORT Rent shops in Carinthia
INTERSPORT Rent gives you excellent value for money. We offer a vast choice of latest-generation skis and snowboards by leading brands. In addition, you can rent high-quality equipment for ski touring, winter hiking, cross-country skiing and other fun activities in the snow.
Our RENTertainers support you with personal advice and expertise. Our winter sports experts will kit you out with bespoke equipment for your exploration of Carinthia’s snow-covered peaks and valleys.
Numerous INTERSPORT Rent locations all across Carinthia’s most popular ski resorts make sure that you have everything you need for your winter getaway. If you prefer booking your equipment in advance, you can do so with our convenient online reservation system. Plus, we have excellent offers for families and children!
Skiing in Carinthia
More about the ski resorts
Every one of Carinthia’s 24 ski resorts has its own unique charm. Laid-back, child-friendly, with plenty of powder, freestyle-friendly, sporty, spacious, snow-sure: It’s up to you what you want your ski holiday in Austria’s sunny south to be like.
If you’re a first-timer or would like to fine-tune your technique, your first port of call are the province’s 40 professional ski schools. If you want to explore even more of Austria’s finest mountains, we recommend the TopSkiPass for 31 ski resorts in Carinthia and East Tyrol.
If you’re looking for adventures away from the groomed slopes, there are more than 160 official ski tours waiting for you in Carinthia. What’s more, there are numerous great trails for cross-country skiing. For a special holiday highlight, try ice skating on one of the region’s frozen lakes, for instance on Lake Weissensee.
The 7 most popular ski resorts of Carinthia
- Sun Ski World Nassfeld – Pressegger See: Welcome to the largest and most varied ski resort of the southern Alps! 110 kilometres of slopes and extra wide runs in Carinthia and Italy make every snow lover’s heart beat faster. If you love action, we recommend the resort’s freeride and fun areas or Snowpark Nassfeld. Our verdict: a perfect mixture of Italian joie de vivre and Carinthian hospitality!
- Bad Kleinkirchheim ski resort: The World Cup village of Bad Kleinkirchheim boasts more than 100 kilometres of varied slopes, surrounded by the marvellous Nock mountains. What’s more, the resort’s wide slopes are only a stone’s throw from the nearby thermal spas of Römerbad and St. Kathrein. The perfect opportunity to combine your ski holiday with a spa break!
- Gerlitzen Alpe: When you go skiing at Gerlitzen Alpe ski resort in the heart of Carinthia on a clear day, you can enjoy views that reach as far as Italy and Slovenia. In addition to the splendid views, the ski resort near Villach boasts a central location and easy accessibility. The resort is particularly popular with families, beginners and leisure skiers.
- Mölltal Glacier: Year-round skiing is not just a dream on Mölltal Glacier – it’s reality! The glacier ski resort offers all-year snow fun for skiers and snowboarders. Thanks to its altitude of up to 3,122 metres, the Mölltal Glacier is popular with the world’s best skiers. Highlights at the “Mölli” include a funpark for freestylers, Carinthia’s highest located FIS run and wide carving slopes. Families love the ski resort’s affordable children’s rates.
- Grossglockner-Heiligenblut: Would you like to go skiing, cross-country skiing or winter hiking at up to 2,902 metres above sea level, at the foot of Austria’s highest mountain? At the snow-sure Grossglockner-Heiligenblut ski resort, you are surrounded by a whopping 40 three-thousand-metre mountains at Hohe Tauern National Park. The highlight for freeriders: a special 15 square-metre powder area.
- Klippitztörl family ski resort: Moderate size. Affordable prices. Great variety of slopes. You can find all of this and more at the family-friendly ski resort of Klippitztörl in the Lavant Valley. In addition to relaxed skiing for all ages, the resort offers great snowshoe hikes for families and nature lovers. What’s more, the ski resort is conveniently located close to the motorway, and many hotels offer free ski tickets for overnight guests.
- Katschberg-Rennweg ski resort: Children and families come first at Carinthia’s finest family ski resort at Katschberg mountain. Their slogan: ski in / ski out – come ski at Katschi. In line with this motto, most hotels are located right by the slopes. In addition, the child-friendly ski resort boasts state-of-the-art lifts and cable cars as well as perfectly groomed, spacious slopes. The perfect ingredients to put big smiles on little faces!
Skiing in Carinthia is right for you if …
… you want to enjoy Austria’s sunniest ski resort on and off the slopes.
… you are eager to explore a total of 800 kilometres of slopes in 24 ski resorts.
… you would like to get to know the Gerlitzen, the Katschberg, the Klippitztörl or the Nassfeld.
… you’re planning a ski holiday with children and prefer family ski resorts that are easy to reach.
… you would like to enjoy freeriding or year-round skiing and snowboarding at Mölltal Glacier.
INTERSPORT Rent tip
Our RENTertainers recommend
Did you know that kids up to the age of ten go free at Nassfeld ski resort? At Goldeck ski resort, the same applies to children up to 14 years of age. In Bad Kleinkirchheim, a day of skiing only costs one euro for kids aged 12 and below. And in Heiligenblut, kids up to ten years of age only pay four euros per day.
Rent your skis and save money: Families who rent their equipment from INTERSPORT Rent save money on their ski holiday – thanks to our great offers for sports loving adults and children.