Skiing & ski rental in Styria
Your reliable partner on site: INTERSPORT Rent. You can find our ski rental shops and highly motivated winter sports experts – our RENTertainers – at Styria’s most popular ski resorts.
Ski rental in Styria
Your INTERSPORT Rent shops in Styria
Picture this: You leave your ski equipment at home. No heavy luggage, no packing problems, no rusty edges. Instead, you book your equipment from the comfort of your couch, pick it up on site and benefit from stellar service before hitting the Styrian slopes with your brand-new skis or snowboard. Sounds like something you’d enjoy? With INTERSPORT Rent that’s easy!
Benefit from great value for money and fantastic family offers in addition to top-class professional advice from our RENTertainers. And what if your rental skis are so good you don’t want to give them back? Then you simply buy them – with our unique “Test & Buy” offer.
Skiing in Styria
More about the ski resorts
If you’re planning a ski holiday in Styria, you will inevitably come across the Schladming-Dachstein region. It’s one of Austria’s top five ski resorts and offers everything that avid skiers and snowboarders could wish for. However, the “wine country” also offers something for winter sports athletes who prefer small and medium-sized ski resorts.
Families and beginners. Snowboarders and freeskiers. Ski racers and freeriders. Carving fans and cross-country skiers. Leisure skiers and winter hikers. Action junkies and fun lovers … Get ready for the ski holiday of a lifetime – in the “skiing province” of Styria!
The 7 most popular ski resorts of Styria
- Schladming-Dachstein ski resort: Skiing on the World Championship slope in Planai, at one of the region’s family ski resorts or at Dachstein glacier. As part of Ski amadé, Austria’s largest linked ski area, and Schladming’s 4-Mountain Ski Area, the top ski resort boasts 230 kilometres of slopes and maximum variety.
- Stuhleck ski resort: About 100 kilometres from Vienna and Graz, the ski resort of the Semmering ski region is particularly popular with day guests. On 26 kilometres of slopes, the charming ski resort offers everything you need for a relaxed day on the slopes.
- St. Jakob im Walde family ski resort: Offering great value for money, this small ski resort is perfect for families and beginners. Discover the action-fuelled Rumpel-Pumpel slope and the first ski-in toilet for kids or find out how much fun uphill sledging is!
- Skiarena Präbichl: At the foot of the Hochschwab mountain range, only one hour’s drive from Graz, an attractive mix of family slopes, freeride runs, FIS training runs, carving slopes, toboggan runs and cross-country ski trails is waiting for you. The resort’s big plus: its convenient location near the motorway.
- Turracher Höhe: Located at an altitude of 1,763 to 2,205 metres above sea level, the ski resort is one of Austria’s most snow-sure winter sports regions. At Turracher Höhe, you can enjoy skiing and snowboarding from November to May. In 2020, the resort was awarded “Top class: worldwide leading ski resort with up to 60 kilometres of slopes”.
- Loser Altaussee: The ski resort in the Ausseerland-Salzkammergut region offers marvellously wide and family-friendly slopes. It also carries the Styrian Slope Quality Seal. The Schneebären Card gives you access to four more ski resorts with a total of 125 kilometres of slopes.
A highlight for snowboarders and freeskiers: The Kreischberg is Styria’s freestyle hotspot. After all, it regularly hosts the FIS Snowboard World Championships. The Kreischberg boasts 44 obstacles and a snake run and is known for its extra early season opening. Incidentally, your ski pass for the Kreischberg is also valid for nearby Lachtal, one of Styria’s most popular and snow-sure ski resorts.
Skiing in Styria is right for you if …
… you would like to explore smaller as well as larger ski resorts during your family ski holiday.
… you would like to combine your ski holiday with a city trip thanks to the proximity of many ski resorts to Graz.
… you’re a skiing or snowboarding all-rounder and love maximum variety on the slopes.
… you’re looking for a winter holiday with varied activities on and off the slopes.
… you would like to follow in the footsteps of famous World Championship riders when freestyling at Kreischberg.
INTERSPORT Rent tip
Our RENTertainers recommend
The best spot for cross-country skiing in Styria? That’s easy: the Schladming-Dachstein region! More precisely, Ramsau am Dachstein, where 13 trails and a whopping 220 kilometres of cross-country ski trails (70 kilometres for skate skiing, 150 kilometres for classic skiing) are waiting for avid winter sports athletes. Thanks to its location at an altitude between 1,100 and 2,700 metres above sea level, you can enjoy snow-sure cross-country skiing in a breathtaking ambiance.
The highlights for cross-country skiers in Ramsau am Dachstein:
- world’s longest glacier cross-country ski trail: the 15-kilometre Dachstein panoramic trail at 2,700 metres above sea level
- children’s cross-country ski park
- cross-country ski school
- “Best of Nordic” combined season ticket giving you access to the cross-country ski region of Seefeld in Tyrol
- an enchanting winter wonderland at the foot of the Dachstein