Skiing & ski rental in Salzburg
Winter sports highlights on Salzburg's slopes range from freeriding to nighttime skiing. Away from the slopes, the federal state of Salzburg has a lot to offer as well, though. How about an adrenaline rush while ice climbing in Rauris? The fairytale feeling of winter hiking through one of Salzburg's national parks?
Deep relaxation during a wellness break at one of the numerous thermal spas? Or a heaping scoop of culture in Mozart's birth city, Salzburg, at the famous Salzburg Christmas Markets or in the beautiful Silent Night town of Oberndorf?
Tip for packing: If your ski equipment has seen better days, we recommend you don't lug it with you on your ski holiday in Salzburg. INTERSPORT Rent is right on site at the ski resorts, and our RENTertainers are happy to equip you with the latest ski and snowboard models from leading brands.
Ski rental in Salzburg
Your INTERSPORT Rent shops in Salzburg
Austrian hospitality is omnipresent in Salzburg, including at our INTERSPORT Rent locations. Our RENTertainers are not just friendly. They are also highly trained, experienced, competent and they absolutely love winter – at least as much as you do! Together with a personal advisor on site, you will find suitable equipment in no time at all. The winter sports experts also adjust it for you, and then off you go to test it on Salzburg's perfectly groomed slopes!
By the way, to get your equipment even quicker, you can reserve it online. It only takes three clicks to book your rental gear from home: Find a location, select your preferred models, done. On the day of your arrival, you simply pick up your skis or snowboard at the INTERSPORT Rent shop on site. That's it. It hardly gets any easier.
Reserve the equipment you need for your ski holidays in Salzburg right away!
Skiing in Salzburg
More about the ski resorts
Together with Styria, the federal state of Salzburg boasts the largest ski resort alliance in Austria: Ski amadé, consisting of the five regions of Salzburger Sportwelt, Schladming-Dachstein, Gastein, Hochkönig and Großarl Valley. A single ski pass gives you access to 760 kilometres of ski runs, 270 lifts as well as 260 ski huts and restaurants. Impressive, right? Of course, there are also many smaller, independent ski resorts.
If there's one thing Salzburg certainly doesn't lack, it's winter sports opportunities for every taste!
The seven best ski resorts in Salzburg:
- Snow Space Salzburg (Ski amadé): Snow Space Salzburg is part of the Salzburger Sportwelt, which consists of four additional ski resorts. This equals 250 kilometres of ski runs and endless possibilities for snowboarding, freeriding, cross-country skiing, winter hiking, tobogganing and ski touring. The ski resort is home to the villages of Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann/Alpendorf.
- Mühlbach-Hochkönig (Ski amadé): Skiing against the backdrop of the majestic Hochkönig is a truly unique experience. The ski resort around the villages of Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach offers 120 kilometres of ski runs. Look forward to spacious open-plan slopes, three funparks and pristine freeride slopes on Aberg!
- Obertauern: The Obertauern ski resort in the south of the federal state boasts optimal public transport connections. This means a car-free ski holiday is easily possible. It also offers 100 kilometres of slopes and 26 lift facilities. Tip for a typical Obertauern experience that you should try: nighttime skiing on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Zauchensee (Ski amadé): At the World Cup resort of Zauchensee-Flachauwinkl, ambitious skiers definitely get their money's worth. Most accommodation options are located near the slopes, and the resort extends up to a snow-sure 2,188 metres above sea level. In case the 45 kilometres of diverse ski runs aren't quite enough for you, Zauchensee also offers connections to other ski resorts in the Salzburger Sportwelt.
- Zell am See – Kaprun: High above Zell am See and Kaprun, the Schmittenhöhe and the Kitzsteinhorn provide a first-class skiing experience. In the heart of Salzburg, the Kitzsteinhorn glacier ski resort invites you to enjoy a very long ski season until summer. Families love the sunny Schmitten, where snowboarders can live it up in the funpark.
- Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn: 270 kilometres of slopes, 70 lifts, 60 huts: That's what awaits you at Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn ski resort. As you can imagine, the picturesque location fulfils every winter sports enthusiast's wishes.
- Lungau & Rauris Valley: These are two small ski resorts that invite you to enjoy laid-back winter sports away from all the hustle and bustle on the slopes. The sunny Lungau region, with the villages of Rauris and Taxenbach, is perfect for those seeking relaxation. Ski and snowshoe tours through beautiful winter landscapes are only two of the highlights there. Ice climbing in the Kolm Saigurn ice arena in Rauris is yet another one. What's more, winter in Salzburg's Hohe Tauern National Park is especially idyllic.
A ski holiday in Salzburg is right for you if ...
... variety is important to you while on ski holiday.
... winter hiking and ice climbing are at the top of your winter to-do list, right along with skiing.
... skiing and wellness sound like the perfect winter holiday combo for you.
... you've always wanted to visit the Snow Space Salzburg ski resort.
... you would like to discover several ski resorts and the cultural highlights of Salzburg while on holiday.
INTERSPORT Rent tip
Our RENTertainers recommend
Are you planning to stay in Salzburg for a while, and you can't get enough of skiing and snowboarding? Then you might want to get the Super Ski Card for Salzburg and the Kitzbühel Alps.
The season ticket gives you access to 2,750 kilometres of slopes in 22 ski resorts. There can never be too much variety when it comes to Salzburg's stunning slopes!