Skiing & ski rental in Grossarltal Valley
Ski rental in Grossarltal Valley
Your INTERSPORT Rent shops in Grossarltal Valley
The best place to get your ski and snowboard equipment in Grossarltal Valley is at INTERSPORT Rent. You can either reserve your equipment online from home or you can get individual advice from our RENTertainers on site.
Our mission is to equip you with high-quality and perfectly adjusted gear – for maximum fun on the slopes of Grossarltal-Dorfgastein.
Skiing in Grossarltal Valley
More about the ski resort
The Grossarltal-Dorfgastein ski resort is located at a snow-sure altitude of between 885 and 2,027 metres. More than 90 per cent of the ski runs are also equipped with snowmaking machines. This means you benefit from the best possible snow conditions until April.
Beginners prefer the wide, easy slopes of the resort. Children love the funslope with tow lift, a tunnel and waves. Freestyle skiers and snowboarders can be found practising their tricks in the snowpark next to the Sonnenbahn mountain station. And seasoned off-piste skiers venture onto the "Himmelreich" freeride slope or the extra-long Bergland route.
What’s waiting for you in Grossarltal?
- 73 kilometres of ski runs (26 km blue, 36 km red, 11 km black)
- 16 lift and cable car facilities
- funslope for children
- snowpark for freestyle skiers and snowboarders
- access to 760 kilometres of slopes in the Ski amadé network
- 25 km of cross-country ski trails
- 35 km of groomed winter hiking trails
- a 3-km floodlit toboggan run at Hotel Lammwirt
- guided snowshoe hikes and ski tours
Skiing in Grossarltal Valley is right for you if ...
... you want to hit the slopes of a top-class ski resort.
... you are planning to spend your winter holiday in the Salzburger Land region.
... you prefer ski resorts with lots of variety and guaranteed snow.
... you want to explore the 760 kilometres of slopes of the Ski amadé network with only one ski pass.
INTERSPORT Rent tip
Our RENTertainers recommend
Do you want to leave your car at home while on winter holiday? Go ahead! There is a free ski bus in Grossarltal Valley that takes you to all the lift stations in the area.
The bus connections at a glance:
- local area of Grossarl (every 7 to 15 minutes)
- in the direction of Hüttschlag and to the end of the valley (five times per half day)
- to Gollegg bus stop in the direction of St. Johann im Pongau (five times per half day)
- to Ellmautal Valley
- to Alpendorf ski resort in St. Johann im Pongau
Good to know: The INTERSPORT Rent shops are located right at the lift stations in Grossarl and Dorfgastein, so you won’t have to lug around your equipment!